Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Dear Garrett,

One of the things I have vowed to do is write letters to Garrett as he grows. I want him to be able to read for himself one day about how much he has changed my life forever.

My Dear Garrett,
It's hard to believe you've only been *walking* this earth for a mere two months. For me, it already seems like I've known you for a lifetime. I feel like I know you fully, so completely. I know the little bump behind your ear that I stroke with my thumb while you nurse, I know the progression of your cries and when you've reached your breaking point, I know the little tufts of dark red hair in the back of your head (even though most think you're bald at first glance), I know the shockingly deep rose color of your lips, I know your sweet smell like none other, I know the sound of the little sighs you let out when you're deep in sleep, I know your long toes that you spread when you're upset or excited, I know your big grin that melts my heart. And yet you've only been outside my belly for a few short weeks, so I know that there are so many more things that I will learn to love about you.

Having and loving you has given me a sense of such inner peace and purpose. I am fulfilled. I am in love. I am complete.

I'll love you forever,
Mama

No comments: