Sunday, June 20, 2010

Turning the corner...

It appears we have turned a corner. At 10 1/2 weeks, Garrett has been sleeping through the night for the last couple days. He's still in the bassinet, but we're going to try transitioning him to the crib tonight. I have to admit, as much as it will be nice to have our room back to ourselves, part of me is sad that our little guy is ready to sleep in his own bed. I know, I know - it's best for all. It's just hard to believe we're out of the initial "survival mode."

It's not just sleep though. Garrett is becoming such a fun baby. He loves his mama, and has started cuddling and clutching me with his arms. Maybe they're not real *hugs* yet, but they feel like it, and to a mom, there is no better feeling in the world. He's also more alert and curious about things. This past week, he actually seems somewhat interested in his books when I read him stories. I read him my favorite book for the first time, that I bought him as soon as I found out I was pregnant - "Guess How Much I Love You," and as expected I did not make it through the whole book without breaking down into tears at the end. A sap, I am.

One of Garrett's favorite things is still just chilling and listening to music. I think he's got his dad's good sense of music. His favorites right now are Jacob Dylan and Joe Pug - two albums that Mike recently downloaded into his iPod. But his other favorites are the Claissical Composers Baby Einstein CD's that Grammy bought him the week he was due and waiting us out.

Yes, our Garrett sure is growing fast. Don't grow too fast, little man!

No comments: